Compartment 25A comprises approximately 3150m of floodbank, from Dunburgh to Geldeston Dyke, protecting Geldeston Marshes on the left bank of the River Waveney.
There are many sites of historical interest within the compartment, such as 16th century Danegelts, originally a timber framed hall house, 18th century Old House and early 19th century Geldeston Lodge (all Grade II). Also included is 18th century Jock�s Lodge and Shipmeadow or Geldeston Lock. Recorded archaeological findings include a Roman burial discovered in 1849, Palaeolithic or Mesolithic flint, medieval pottery, Saxon/medieval metal brooch and earthworks of medieval to post medieval enclosures.
Opportunities for walking within the compartment are relatively good with a public right of way running along the floodbank and a public footpath cutting across the marshes as well as linknig Geldeston Lock to Dockeney.